Sunday, February 10, 2008

1960's Mid Century Semi-Circular Sofa

Designed to capture the understated elegance of the
Era of Swank.

That would be Swanky as in Dean Martin, not Sinatra or even Ernest Borgnine. Dean was the cool one and he had talent. This guy could sip a scotch, smoke a cigarette, croon Italian love songs, and seduce the women in the audience all at once. By the way, I had an aunt that looked like Ernest Borgnine.

Anyway, it's a fine sofa. It's large, I'd say about ten feet across, it's aqua-like, and it's semi-circular. Although it is designed in the 1960's Mid Century style, it was built new just about 18 months ago.

I am selling it because my wife told me that I was not as cool as Dean and to stop singing love songs with made up Italian words. Actually she said, "You're butchering their language and take off that turtle neck, dinner's almost ready."

So, I've ordered a two-tone Day-Glo plaid sofa and a steel guitar. I hope she likes Hank Williams.

No comments: